Saturday, May 28, 2011

Who's Who in the Dating Game

This week, my roommates drew much laughter at my dating schedule.  Last night, my Aunt and Uncle seemed also to get the humor of it.  But I've really been enjoying my first dates, so far and am working on having others.

Here's the run down:

Guy 1 - J - first date: 5/22/11 at Starbucks; second date: 5/25/11 at local brew pub
Guy 2 - B - first date: 5/24/11 at Starbucks; second date: 5/31/11 (scheduled) at local tavern
Guy 3 - E - first date: 5/25/11 at a local coffee shop
Guy 4 - A - first date: 5/28/11 (scheduled) at a local winery

Guy 5 - D - first date: 5/29/11 (scheduled) at Starbucks
Guy 6 - Z - first date scheduled then cancelled because dude respect the boundaries.
Guy 7 - N - first date: 5/30/11 (scheduled) at a local botanical park
Guy 8 - K - first date in discussion, likely drinks one evening next week
Guy 9 - C - first date in discussion, likely lunch one day next week
Guy 10 - D - first date in discussion, likely not to happen because I feel on the fence about his email responses


My Aunt thinks it's great that I'm getting out and meeting people.  My Uncle cracked jokes about leaving a sock on the door handle of the local brew pub, since it's somewhere they go often and where Guy 1 - J, date 2 occurred.  My roommates almost seem to think I've jumped into the deep end.  But since I'm not yet working and my job searching efforts only seem to take a few hours each day (there's just not that many postings I can locate...but that's a story for another blog), I have the time so might as well use it.

Besides, it does me good to get out with people instead of just getting out on my own.

Mr. Frenulum commented that this isn't score keeping if I'm merely chronicling. Sometimes I might talk about these guys...but I hope never in a score keeping kind of way.

I'm not at all sure I like thinking about this as a dating game, though.  I mean it in the joking sense.  Games just are not my thing.  I suppose though there is an element of game play because other people may be into it (Guy  6 - Z ring any bells?); but I plan to excuse myself from most of the games.  Although a few fun games come to mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment