Thursday, August 4, 2011

And the answer is....

The answer is I'm sort of an idiot.

K returned to the online dating site to try to figure out how to cancel his membership.  He thought he had it canceled and realized when he got his credit card bill he had not.  He went on to research the issue and still couldn't find what he had done wrong the first time.

In other words, he was in the same boat that triggered me going on yesterday, only having less success.  Even though he's younger than I am, he is less internet savvy, so his trouble in navigating the site does not strike me as odd.

In explaining how I happened to be on the service yesterday, he smiled when I said I had canceled my membership.

Talking about the trouble we both seem to have in canceling the memberships and shutting off emails, he brought up a couple of points that make me think the service simply does not want to let members go, which is why it's difficult to get the dang thing to shut off!  We both also laughed at some of the stories we could tell about "fake" ads.  In his ever assuring way, he noted he was glad he found someone real.

And he didn't seem bothered that I had to ask what he was doing on there.

This morning I told him he makes me feel happy and secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment