Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fishing Part 2

Yesterday I fished for four and a half hours.  I caught two fish all on my own. =)  Actually, I landed three but one was foul hooked, so I had to release him.  When I was working on landing my fourth, the line broke, or my knot came undone (more likely the case) and I lost the fish.  So I nearly had my limit yesterday but for a few snafus.

K cleaned and filleted them for me and today I'm smoking them with a mesquite chip.

But why is this fishing story on my dating blog (besides the fact that I hear fishermen are supposed to brag a lot)?

More than once during the evening last night, K said he was proud of me and my fishing ability.  It's nice to have my newbie skills recognized and appreciated.  He claims he's bad at verbal communication; yet he's more than willing to express that he's proud.  Such a refreshing change from "that's great, dear."

And he let me get all dorky when I was talking about how much fun it was, how you could feel the whole crowd buzz with excitement when people started catching.  Well, maybe he just liked hearing the story 'cause he couldn't get out himself.

I like fishing...and I like this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment