Monday, August 1, 2011

Future Tripping

I think I'm uncomfortable when K speaks toward the future.  On the one hand, it gives me a sense of security that he's interested in this relationship enough to consider the future.  But on the other, it makes me feel pressured in a way that I don't remember feeling pressure before.  I'm not sure how to handle it.

Take yesterday's example: looking through some old pictures on his camera, I came to one of a woman I didn't recognize.  I asked about it and it was an ex-girlfriend.  The date on the photo was 2010 but he seemed flabbergasted and dated the picture to 2009...despite my mentioning that the camera date was 2010.  Later in the evening, he asked if it made me uncomfortable that the photo was on there.  I explained the only reason I was uncomfortable was it made me wonder when I'm not in his life anymore, how easily he'll forget about me.

His response, perfect in most ways, was "well, you'll just have to stay in my life then."

Still mulling over why this makes me feel pressured.......

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like something I would say, if I felt hopeful. Or maybe if I felt a little bit insecure and was fishing for reassurance.

    Consider the alternative. You want him to enjoy your body and your company but have his real attention on two or three other prospects? You want him picturing a future with door number 2, while he's with you?

    ReplyDelete