Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Insert Happy Face Here

Today, K added a little something extra into the mix:  the mix before we got out of bed, so details aren't forthcoming.  But what he added was something I had just recognized I was craving about two days ago.  I hadn't said anything about this particular desire...and it was a kind of minor thing...but I'm going to wear a happy face today because he seemed to innately just know my need.

Mr. Frenulum and I have discussed certain responsibilities in one kind of relationship.  K seems to be meeting some of those responsibilities even though we have not had a deep, detailed conversation about them or the way we are together.

We are only three months into the relationship and I find it important to still go slowly with sharing our stories.  Likewise, I think it appropriate to go slowly with diving into this aspect of our relationship.  I care enough about K that I don't want to scare him away; yet he does keep taking things up a step every now and then...sometimes little steps, sometimes regular sized steps.  Is a giant step forward scary?  It is for me when contemplating taking his hand and leaping forward.

So now I'm off to ponder why being true to myself is scary.

PS.  I heard recently my loyal readership might actually be up to three!  Shout out to SnS!
______
ETA:  The giant step forward that is contemplated above is not the "final" step.  It's more the idea of getting into further specifics of what I am seeking.  The giant step actually requires a multitude of small steps...so please don't think I'm jumping off the deep end just yet.

1 comment:

  1. You have your list. You know what's possible. You know what you deserve. The time will come.

    ReplyDelete