Saturday, September 10, 2011

Still smiling

Have I mentioned that K likes to fish?  That he saves all his vacation time for fishing?  That not even visiting family will get him to use up vacation time unless they are fishing?  (And I heard him tell his mom just the other day that he's not taking time off when his parents visit next month, so I know this last bit for a fact).

And here's the grin:   last night he told me I needed to research camping so we could go camping.  He said I need to let him know a weekend to go and he'll take off from work.  When I pointed out he doesn't use vacation time unless there's fishing, he responded that he knew I wanted to camp this year and the season will be up soon.  I smiled at him; I got happy tears (but only in my mind's eye).

The guy that diligently protects his vacation time was willing to give me some of that time even if fishing weren't an option.  Wow.  Like super wow.

Then I told him I'd find some camping with a fishing opportunity and he smiled back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment