Monday, June 20, 2011

Is this weird...

This morning, I woke around 2:40.  I refused to look at the clock because my theory is knowing the time just makes me wake up more.  Lying there, I wondered if K would be weirded out if I sent him an email in the middle of the night.  Honestly, after sleeping with his arms around me for the previous three nights, I missed his body next to mine and thought about telling him so.  But questioning my navigating skills, I decided not to say anything.  After pondering for about 30 minutes, I looked at the clock and it was 3:16 a.m.  I guess that means I was awake closer to 2:45.

Here's the weird part:  when I woke up this morning around 5:15 a.m., this time I got on the computer and opened email...and K had sent me an email at 3:05 a.m.  While I was laying in bed, thinking of emailing him, he was in fact doing the same thing, only being brave enough to take action on the thought.

He missed having me next to him, too.

We were awake, in the middle of the night, at the same time, thinking about each other in the same moments.

Is that weird?

2 comments:

  1. Not weird.

    My beloved and I do simultaneous stuff all the time. It's just a sign of being in rhythm, like good jazz musicians. It's a cool thing, Hecate, not odd at all.

    "Lying," not "Laying," by the way. Pet peeve.

    Sounds like things are going very well for you :o) I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the edit...you know my problem with homophones. It apparently extends to sort of homophones.

    ReplyDelete