Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Opening and closing

Life transitions weirdly sometimes.  Today I had the impulse to remove a level of confusion from my life.  It hadn't been my plan to do so for a while.  But the feeling that the time was right came over me and I spoke the words.  I'm sad about it but feel comforted, greatly, by the reaction of others.

And I'm happy about it.  I've recognized since late-April that certain things were holding me back.  I resisted letting those things go for a variety of reasons...and I still wouldn't have done things differently.  But a part of me is happy that the confusion should lessen now.

I'm also happy about it because I will admit last night a bit of feeling...not guilty per se but more that sense of a sort of betrayal even though there's absolutely no one and nothing I'm betraying by having enjoyed that kiss with Guy 8-K.

Still, it feels a little weird to see a possible door opening and knowing a door is closing all within 12 hours of each other.  I'm glad the one door did not slam shut...and I think I might enjoy peeking through the opening door for a while here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment