Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Who's Got the Spreadsheet

It seems with all this dating, I need a spreadsheet to keep everyone straight.  Not really.  What I'm having a hard time keeping straight is the anonymous ways I'm referencing these guys.

Today I had a coffee/lunch date with Guy 9 - C.  Nice guy.  He's doing the online dating thing more as a lark because his friends want him to find a nice woman.  His one friend actually typed up his profile for him and screens his potential dates (she had read our email exchanges).  But he's happy in his life and with where he's at.  He's smart, has a career in a field that's interesting and in a round about way, something related to my past professional experience.  At the end of the date he asked for date number 2.  I think he goes into the potential friend only category, but I'll keep an open mind at least.

He did get minus points, though, for being twice caught looking at my chest...although I didn't tell him I caught him.

There wasn't really that spark but a bit of spark occurred as he continued talking.  At the end of the date, he was telling me about an intellectual theory related to his work and it made me realize I really am more attracted to smart men.  Perhaps that's why my approach is definitely exchanging a few emails first and then see about setting up the date.

It also hit me that this dating thing is very similar to my job search.  These are interviews of a sort; but interviews by both me and my date.  I've grown more comfortable with talking about myself.  It's my hope this translates into being more comfortable when I get more interviews lined up.

I wish I had more humorous stories to tell of my trials and tribulations in getting ready...but today I remembered everything: no hair brush entanglement; eyeliner under control; mascara must be applied.  I suppose it's a bit humorous that I have happy hour scheduled with Guy 8 - K this evening...back to the untraditional double date.  But hey, it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment