Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Truth in Dating

Well, Guy 8-K is definitely not a frog...at least not yet.  We have plans for Saturday night to see a sports event.  I learned back in December that I actually like going to live sports events, so I'm looking forward to it.

Last night while we were exchanging texts (he started by sending a text to make sure I got home okay), he actually also sent me an email.  I got it this morning at almost an ironical time...but at a time that affirmed my decisions today were correct ones for me.  In responding to his email, I had to follow up on a lingering question over driving to the city on Saturday because it will be substantially easier to go in one vehicle.

It's been my plan not to get into a car until the fourth or fifth date.  Saturday will be only the third date.  So I asked the open ended question on what he would suggest to make me feel safe about riding with him.  Part of me did not want to be overly intrusive by demanding information, although as it got closer to Saturday I would have if the question were unresolved.  Part of me also wanted to see how comfortable he feels with me because I seem to feel a bit comfortable with him, but still recovering from the earlier aforementioned blundering, I feel cautious about how I'm interpreting things.

Within a couple of hours, from work, he emailed me back via his personal email.  He gave me his full name (it's uncommon) and invited me to google him.  He offered to give me his address up front (but it can be had by googling; yes, I already took him up on the offer to google him).  He also emailed me from his work email so I had that, too.  His linkedin profile matches everything he told me about himself.  His data on "find classmates" sites matches what he said.  The address associated with his name is exactly where he said he lived (it's near the pub we met at last night).  He works for a large enough corporation that I can't discern a way he could fake the work email address.  I'm a little amazed at his forthrightness.  And in addition to all the disclosures he suggested that I simply be the one to drive in.

He also confessed that he liked it when I nibbled on his ear last night...but it was just a little nibble.  I swear.  Still, the signs are there that we may have more things in common than one can discern on an online dating site.

I just hope saying this much hasn't jinxed anything.  But some how, even anonymously, I wanted to thank the universe for his honesty.  I'll be thanking him personally, too.  Perhaps he picked up on the fact already, this early, that I diligently look for truths...he's smart enough to get the kind of precedent he is setting here.  And it's an excellent one.

No comments:

Post a Comment